Used Car Dealers and Bad Reputation
It’s one thing if you buy a brand of cereal or laundry detergent and it doesn’t live up to hype of its marketing messages. It’s an entirely different thing, however, if you buy a used car and wind up being completely disappointed in it. The reason for this is simple: Other than buying a house, a car is the single biggest purchase most people ever make. If you wind up being less than satisfied with your purchase, it can leave a bad taste in your mouth.
Things used to be pretty different in the used car industry – dealers didn’t feel the need to be transparent and some salespeople were less than ethical in their pursuit of making the sale. Of course this is still true today, but thankfully it’s becoming less and less common. But many people seem to still think that all used car dealers are terrible, even though nothing could be further from the truth.
The great thing about living in the digital era is that you can use the Internet to help you find used car dealers with good reputation. Visit sites like DealerRater, Yelp, and Google to see what actual customers have said about a dealership. DealerRater also highlights which salesperson a customer worked with, which means you can even hone in on the salespeople that others have praised to help further ensure that your experience will be a good one. The reviews also make it very easy to spot dealerships you’d be better off avoiding.
The used car industry is undergoing huge changes – and they’re all for the good. Thanks to the Internet, more and more dealers are giving up on the old ways of haggling and opting instead to present competitive prices up-front. Overall, dealers are becoming increasingly transparent and realizing it’s better to do everything they can to leave customers satisfied because they’ve gotten a great deal on the car that’s right for them. And with the power of the Internet at your fingertips, you can leverage all that information to your advantage.
Auto City is totally on board with these changes. We’re helping improve the used car industry one sale and one satisfied customer at a time. Here’s what we do to create car shopping you will love:
- Superior Inventory. We only choose the best vehicles so you never have to worry about buying a lemon. Every one of our cars is thoroughly inspected, reconditioned, detailed, and comes with a warranty.
- 3-Day Money-Back Guarantee. If for any reason you have second thoughts about your purchase, you can return the car within three days for a full refund, no questions asked.
- Perfect Pricing. We assign each of our cars a price that’s fair, competitive, transparent, and presented up-front so no one has to waste time haggling.
- Financing for All. We have exclusive relationships with some of the best banks and auto lenders in the industry. When they compete against each other for your business, you come out the winner.
- Challenged Credit Financing. Whether your credit is non-existent or badly damaged from life’s trials and tribulations, we can help you find a lender who can address your situation and get you the financing you need.
- Rave Reviews. We know our customers love us, but don’t take our word for it. See for yourself by checking reviews on Google, Yelp, and DealerRater.
If you are looking for a used car in El Cajon or a greater San Diego area, please check out our current inventory of our carefully selected and reconditioned vehicles.